Educational Webinars for Health Care Professionals and Students
FDA’s Division of Drug Information in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) sponsors a series of educational webinars targeting the needs of health care professionals and students. The webinars cover a broad range of FDA drug regulation and medication safety topics. These focused webinars support FDA's mission of promoting and protecting public health through interaction and education to strengthen current and future partnerships and relationships with clinicians and researchers.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
CE credit is available for our live and home study webinars. If you are a physician, physician assistant, nurse, pharmacist, or pharmacy technician, refer to the individual webinar listing for complete CME/AAPA/CNE/CPE/CPT/CPH information.
For more information
Visit the Division of Drug Information web site at: http://www.fda.gov/AboutDDI
Call us at: 1-855-543-3784 or 301-796-3400
Email us at: DDIWebinars@fda.hhs.gov
Upcoming Live CE Webinars
- FDA Drug Topics: FDA Oncology Center of Excellence’s Project Facilitate: An Overview of the Oncology Expanded Access Program – October 29, 2019
- FDA Drug Topics: Update on Drug Shortages – November 19, 2019
- FDA Drug Topics: Update on Biosimilars – December 17, 2019
NEW! Home Study CE Webinars
- Introduction to the Office of Orphan Products Development (OOPD)
- FDA Regulation of Color Additives in Drug Products
- 3D Printing in Drug Development and Emerging Health Care
- Across the Regulatory, Research, and Clinical Care Environments: Sex and Gender Influences
- An update to the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS) Public Dashboard
- Building Confidence in Generic Narrow Therapeutic Index (NTI) Drugs
- Ongoing Role of FDA in Medication Error Prevention
- An Overview of FDA's Expanded Access Program with a Focus on Individual Patient Expanded Access
- An Introduction to Drug Safety Surveillance and the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System
- Labeling on Drugs@FDA vs. DailyMed
- Protecting Patients – Pharmacists Requirements under the Drug Supply Chain Security Act
- Tainted Products Marketed as Dietary Supplements
Technical Requirements and Instructions for Home Study CE Webinars:
To access the course, users will need a computer with an Internet connection, and:
- Google Chrome (preferred),
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher,
- Firefox 43 or higher,
- Safari 9 or higher, or
- Any other W3C standards compliant browser
An HTML5 capable browser is required for video playback. Occasionally, other additional software may be required such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe Acrobat Reader. Viewing on a desktop, laptop, or tablet is recommended.
This is a responsive course. Parts of the course may display differently across various devices and screen resolutions. Scrolling may be required in some instances.
Users are required to view the entire course before getting access to the post-test. To receive your certificate for CE credit or certificate of completion, you must complete the post-test and receive a score of 80 percent or better and complete an evaluation form.
Past 2019 Webinars
- FDA Drug Topics: An Overview of Pharmacovigilance in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) – March 26, 2019
Past 2018 Webinars
- FDA Drug Topics: Biosimilar and Interchangeable Products in the U.S.: Scientific Concepts, Clinical Use, and Practical Considerations – December 10, 2018
- FDA Drug Topics: FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting Program - Opportunities to Collaborate - March 13, 2018
- FDA Drug Topics: An Overview of FDA's Expanded Access Program with a Focus on Individual Patient Expanded Access - February 20, 2018
- FDA Drug Topics: FDA Adverse Events Reporting System (FAERS) Public Dashboard - January 30, 2018
Past 2017 Webinars
- DDI Webinar Series: Overview of the Regulatory Framework and the Development and Approval of Biosimilar Products in the U.S. - December 5, 2017
- DDI Webinar Series: An Overview of FDA Resources - October 17, 2017
- DDI Webinar Series: Fluoroquinolone Safety Labeling Updates- April 4, 2017
- DDI Webinar Series: FDA Post-Marketing Drug Safety Surveillance- March 7, 2017
- DDI Webinar Series: "Collaborating with FDA- Get Involved with FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting Program" - February 7, 2017
To view the webinars, copy and paste the web address starting with https:// into a web browser.