Educational Webinars for Health Care Professionals and Students
FDA’s Division of Drug Information in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) sponsors a series of educational webinars targeting the needs of health care professionals and students. The webinars cover a broad range of FDA drug regulation and medication safety topics. These focused webinars support FDA's mission of promoting and protecting public health through interaction and education to strengthen current and future partnerships and relationships with clinicians and researchers.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
CE credit is available for our live and home study webinars. If you are a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, nurse, pharmacist, or pharmacy technician, refer to the individual webinar listing for complete CME/AAPA/CNE/CPE/CPT/CPH information.
For more information
Visit the Division of Drug Information web site at: http://www.fda.gov/AboutDDI
Call us at: 1-855-543-3784 or 301-796-3400
Email us at: DDIWebinars@fda.hhs.gov
(Google Chrome (preferred) or Firefox 43 or higher)
- FDA Drug Topics: Advancing Transparency and Regulatory Science Activities on the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) - November 28, 2023
- FDA Drug Topics: An Overview of FDA’s Project Facilitate Oncology Expanded Access Program - December 12, 2023
- Regulatory Framework for Human Drug Compounding
- Biosimilars: A Review of Scientific, Regulatory, and Clinical Considerations for Health Care Providers
- How to Avoid Medication Errors with Pen Injectors
- Rare Diseases - Challenges and Progress in Drug Development
- Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products – For Healthcare Practitioners
- Frequently Asked Questions about Labeling for Prescription Medicines
- The Safety Evaluation and Surveillance of Generic Drugs
- Understanding Generic Narrow Therapeutic Index Drugs
- Development and U.S. Regulation of Preventative Vaccines
- Reporting and Public Viewing of Individual Case Safety Reports (ICSRs)
- Drug Shortages: Root Causes and Potential Solutions
- FDA Drug Information Resources and Applicability to Health Care Professionals
- Counseling Patients on Generic Drugs
- FDA’s Office of Orphan Products Development (OOPD) – An Overview and Update
- The Ins and Outs of Prescription Drug Labeling
- Enhanced Drug Distribution Security: 2023 and Beyond
- Safety Labeling Changes for Leukotriene Receptor Antagonists and Decisions Behind a Boxed Warning
- Fraudulent Products – Hidden Ingredients and Unproven Claims in Products Marketed as Dietary Supplements
- Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biosimilars: Review of Scientific Concepts, Case Studies, and Resources
- How FDA and ISMP Utilize Medication Error Reports to Improve Drug Safety
- FDA’s Role in Postmarketing Drug Safety Surveillance
- Overview of Expanded Access (EA) Program and EA eRequest Site
- Overview of Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) for Health Care Providers
- Project Facilitate: Oncology Expanded Access Program Update
- Orange Book: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Labeling Made Simple: The How, What, and Where of Drug Interactions in Prescribing Information
- An Overview of Naloxone and FDA’s Efforts to Expand Access
Technical Requirements and Instructions for Home Study CE Webinars:
To access the course, users will need a computer with an Internet connection, and:
- Google Chrome (preferred),
- Firefox 43 or higher,
- Safari 9 or higher, or
- Any other W3C standards compliant browser
An HTML5 capable browser is required for video playback. Occasionally, other additional software may be required such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe Acrobat Reader. Viewing on a desktop, laptop, or tablet is recommended.
This is a responsive course. Parts of the course may display differently across various devices and screen resolutions. Scrolling may be required in some instances.
Users are required to view the entire course before getting access to the post-test. To receive your certificate for CE credit or certificate of completion, you must complete the post-test and receive a score of 80 percent or better and complete an evaluation form.
- Check out our YouTube Playlist to view and listen to past webinars!
- Global Alliance of Drug Information Specialists (GADIS)
- CDER Webinars
- CDERLearn Training and Education
To view the webinars, copy and paste the web address starting with https:// into a web browser.