For Health Professionals
- Following a recommendation by the Pediatric Advisory Committee, FDA experts are reminding health care professionals of leukotriene inhibitor safety issues.
- Emily Thakur, CDR, U.S. Public Health Service, talks about FDA's efforts to keep the public up-to-date on drug shortages that have a significant impact on public health in the United States.
- Medscape interview with Melissa S. Tassinari, PhD, and Jeanine Best, MSN, RN, PNP, FDA Division of Pediatric and Maternal Health
- FDAs MedWatch program offers several ways to keep you informed about the medical products you prescribe, administer, or dispense every day.
Navigate the For Health Professionals Section
Articles for health professionals on FDA topicsBiologics
Biological and related products, including blood, vaccines, allergenics, tissues, and other cellular and gene therapiesCosmetics
Information about cosmetic products, ingredients, and labelingDrugs
Human drug information, including advisories, shortages, medication errors, and databases
Information on nutrition, and food and dietary supplement safetyLiaison Activities
Work with FDA; Cardiovascular & Endocrine, HIV/AIDS, and Hepatitis programs.Medical Devices
Types of devices and device safetyRadiological Health
Information about medical imaging devices, medical and surgical products, and certain consumer and business products
REPORT: Problems or Adverse Reactions
REVIEW: Safety Alerts and Recalls
Subscribe to Health Professional Updates
Join the MedWatch E-list
Timely, actionable new safety information on all human medical products used in day-to-day patient care, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs, biologicals and vaccines, medical devices, dietary supplements and cosmetics.
- FDA Updates for Health Professionals
Recent announcements, medical product approvals, opportunities to comment on proposed rules, upcoming public meetings, and other information of interest to health professionals.
- FDA Diabetes Monitor
Updates on safety and regulatory issues related to Diabetes, including product approvals, safety warnings, notices of upcoming public meetings, and notices about proposed regulatory guidances.
- FDA CardioBeat
Updates on safety and regulatory issues related to Cardiovascular Disease, including product approvals, safety warnings, notices of upcoming public meetings, and notices about proposed regulatory guidances.
Other Federal Links
10903 New Hampshire Avenue
Bldg. 32, Room 5367Silver Spring, MD 20993