Health Fraud Scams
Health fraud scams refer to products that claim to prevent, treat, or cure diseases or other health conditions, but are not proven safe and effective for those uses.
Health fraud scams waste money and can lead to delays in getting proper diagnosis and treatment. They can also cause serious or even fatal injuries.
Watch this video to learn more.
- Beware of Products Promising Miracle Weight Loss
- Ebola Response Updates from FDA
- FDA warns consumers about fraudulent Ebola treatment products
- Some Bee Pollen Weight Loss Products Are a Dangerous Scam
- 6 Tip-offs to Rip-offs: Don't Fall for Health Fraud Scams
- Health Fraud Scams: Get the Facts
- Don't Be a Victim of Health Fraud Scams
Health Fraud Resources
Health Fraud Press Announcements
- U.S. Marshals seize botanical substance kratom from southern California facility
- U.S. Marshals seize drug products from Flawless Beauty
- FDA takes action against Georgia dietary supplement manufacturer
Office of Criminal Investigations(OCI) Press Announcements
- Alvarado Pharmacy and Owner Plead Guilty to Importing Unapproved Oncology Drugs and Fraudulently Billing Medicare
- Internet Pharmacy Owner Charged in $95 Million Fraud Scheme
- Palm Beach Man Sentenced for Mislabeling Medical Test Kits
Compliance Actions - Health Fraud
- Warning Letters
- Cyber Letters
- Seizures and Injunctions
- Criminal Prosecutions: Office of Criminal Investigations (OCI)
- OCI Press Releases
Compliance Policy Guide
Watch: FDA Health Fraud Videos
Health fraud scams are everywhere. On TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, and the internet. Don't get fooled by bogus claims and promises of miracle cures.
Watch this video to learn about the common erectile dysfunction scams used to fool you.