- Learn more about Dr. Mayne, her first year, and her future vision for CFSAN.
- Follow these basic food safety tips when serving your guests and be a big game winner.
- Learn how to help reduce the risk of foodborne illness for yourself or a loved one with cancer.
- FSMA is the most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
FDA regulates the safety of substances added to food and how most food is processed, packaged, and labeled.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Food from genetically engineered plants, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 02/01/2016 Constituent Update: Susan Mayne’s First Year as Director of CFSAN
- 02/01/2016 Constituent Update: FDA Announces Funding Opportunities for Education, Training and Technical Assistance under the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- 01/22/2016 News Release: FDA resolves criminal and civil actions against cheese manufacturer
Recent Food Recalls
FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Virchow Linked to RAW Meal Organic Shake and Meal Replacement Products FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Listeria in Dole Leafy Greens Products Produced in the Dole Facility in Springfield, Ohio FDA Investigated Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Raw Nut Butter Products FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O26 Infections Linked to Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurants
- More Outbreak Investigations