- Learn about preparing and serving food safely during the holiday.
- Find out how to keep your food safe in the refrigerator.
- Groundbreaking rules on produce and imported foods to modernize and strengthen the food safety system are now final.
- The Library offers educational materials related to food safety, nutrition and cosmetics.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Food from genetically engineered plants, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 11/23/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Announces New Resource on Sampling
- 11/17/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Releases Proposed Rule to Establish ‘Gluten-Free’ Labeling Compliance Requirements for Fermented, Hydrolyzed and Distilled Foods
- 11/13/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Releases Groundbreaking Rules on Produce and Imported Foods to Modernize and Strengthen Food Safety System
- 11/13/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Releases Final Environmental Impact Statement on Produce Rule
- 11/19/2015 News Release: FDA takes several actions involving genetically engineered plants and animals for food
Recent Food Recalls
Casey's Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts in Snickers 8x8 Cake Ashdon Farms Issues Allergy Alert on Honey Mustard Pretzel Mix and Honey Mustard Mix Wegmans Food Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nuts (Cashews and Almonds) in Wegmans Italian Classics Butternut Squash Ravioli, 9 oz.
- More Food Recalls
FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O26 Infections Linked to Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurants FDA Investigated Listeria Outbreak to Soft Cheeses Distributed by Karoun Dairies, Inc. FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Poona Linked to Cucumbers FDA Investigates 2015 Outbreaks of Cyclosporiasis
- More Outbreak Investigations