- The meeting will be held on April 23 and 24, 2015.
- Learn some easy tips to keep your food safe.
- Familiarize yourself with simple tips that can help prevent foodborne illness.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 03/23/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Holding Public Meeting on FSMA Implementation Strategy
- 03/20/2015 News Release: FDA concludes Arctic Apples and Innate Potatoes are safe for consumption
- 03/17/2015 Constituent Update: Now Available: Webcast Recording on Improved Method for Attributing Foodborne Illnesses
- 03/12/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Releases Small Entity Compliance Guide on Menu Labeling
Recent Food Recalls
Twin City Foods, Inc. Recalls Frozen Cadia Organic Cut Spinach, Meijer Organics Chopped Spinach, Wild Harvest Organic Cut Leaf Spinach, and Wegmans Organic Just Picked Spinach Because of Possible Health Risk Wegmans Announces Recall of (Frozen) Wegmans Organic Food You Feel Good About Just Picked Spinach, 12 Oz. Which May Be Contaminated With Listeria Monocytogenes Giant Eagle Voluntarily Recalls Little Italy Paninis Due to an Undeclared Egg Allergen
- More Food Recalls
FDA Investigates Listeria monocytogenes in Ice Cream Products from Blue Bell Creameries FDA Investigated Listeria monocytogenes Illnesses Linked to Caramel Apples FDA Investigated Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Linked to Mung Bean Sprouts Produced by Wonton Foods Inc. of New York
- More Outbreak Investigations