- Learn more about preparing and serving food safely during the holiday.
- Read more about and register for the December 9, 2014 Public Meeting.
- Have you been diagnosed with Diabetes? Learn how to reduce your risk of foodborne illness.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 11/18/2014 Constituent Update: FDA Published Updated Guidance for Industry on Food Facility Registration
- 11/10/2014 Constituent Update: New CFSAN Center Director Announced
- 09/23/2014 News Release: FDA food safety challenge to spur new technologies for fighting foodborne illness
- 09/19/2014 News Release: FDA releases updated proposals to improve food safety and help prevent foodborne illness in response to public comments
Recent Food Recalls
B&G Foods Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanut And Almond In Product Great American Appetizers, Inc. Recalls Hyvee Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Due To Undeclared Soy Flour, Yellow #5, And Yellow #6 Chaotic Labz Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Mayhem Dietary Supplement Due to Undeclared Dexamethasone and Cyproheptadine
- More Food Recalls