FDA takes action against 16 unapproved prescription drugs.
Trends indicate a need for regulation of more types of tobacco products.
Learn what you can do to cut down on trans fat in your diet.
Pet foods and treats can be contaminated with harmful bacteria and can make pets, and sometimes owners, sick.
Navigate the For Consumers Section
Timely and easy-to-read articles covering all FDA activities and regulated productsProtect Yourself
Buying medicines online, health fraud, warnings and enforcement, safety alerts, and reporting problems to FDA
Recent Consumer Updates
- FDA: Use Only Approved Prescription Ear Drops
- FDA’s MedWatch Safety Alerts for Consumers: April 2015
- Kids and Tobacco Use: Some Surprising Findings
- FDA Cuts Trans Fat in Processed Foods
- FDA Research Helps Keep Pets and Humans Safe
- How to Dispose of Unused Medicines
- What FDA Learned About Dark Chocolate and Milk Allergies
Recalls & Alerts
Room 5377, Building 32
10903 New Hampshire Ave.Silver Spring, MD 20993