- Certain groups of people have a higher risk of contracting a foodborne illness than others. Read more about who’s at risk and foods to avoid.
- Are you prepared for an emergency? Find out what you need to know before one occurs.
- Learn how to select and serve raw produce safely.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 08/28/2014 Constituent Update: FDA Takes Steps to Strengthen Program to Assess the Safety of Chemicals in Foods, Other Products
- 08/27/2014 Constituent Update: FDA Announces Dietetics and Nutrition Webinar Co-Sponsored with the Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (JIFSAN)
- 07/02/2014 News Release: Federal judge approves consent decree with New York dietary supplement maker
- 06/24/2014 News Release: FDA issues guidance to support the responsible development of nanotechnology products
Recent Food Recalls
4C Foods Corp. Voluntarily Recalls 4C Grated Cheese Homestyle Parmesan Because of Salmonella Contamination Kraft Foods Group Voluntarily Recalls Select Varieties of Regular Kraft American Singles Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product Due to Ingredient Supplier's Out-of-Standard Storage Temperatures Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Allergy Alert and Voluntary Limited Recall of DOLE-branded Spinach Due to Possible Contamination by Walnuts
- More Food Recalls
FDA Investigates Outbreak of Cyclosporiasis FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup linked to Nut Butter Products Manufactured by nSpired Natural Foods Inc. FDA Investigated Outbreak of Salmonella Newport, Salmonella Hartford, and Salmonella Oranienburg Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia Seed Powder
- More Outbreak Investigations