- Action expected to prevent thousands of fatal heart attacks every year.
- The time to plan for a weather emergency or power outage is before it happens.
- Find out how to safely buy, store, and serve these products.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 06/22/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Issues Final Rule to Add Selenium to List of Required Nutrients for Infant Formula
- 06/18/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Issues Guidance on Food Allergen Labeling Exemptions
- 06/16/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Takes Step to Remove Artificial Trans Fats from Processed Foods
- 06/02/2015 News Release: FDA regulation to help ensure judicious use of antibiotics in food-producing animals
Recent Food Recalls
Rocky Mountain Foods, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Free Range Snack Co. Brand 16 oz. Island Fruit and Nut Trail Mix and Bulk Macadamia Nuts Because of Possible Health Risk Grand BK Corp. Recalls Goodies By Nature Raw Cashews, Net Wt. 9oz Because Of Possible Health Risk H-E-B Issues Voluntary Recall H-E-B hamburger and hotdog buns and Hill Country Fare hotdog buns recalled for quality issues.
- More Food Recalls