- Follow some basic food safety tips for a healthy holiday season.
- Questions and Answers with Michael Mahovic
- FDA issues final menu and vending machine labeling requirements.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 12/12/2014 Press Release: RZM Food Factory to cease operations for repeated food safety violations
- 12/09/2014 Constituent Update: FDA Announces Uniform Compliance Date for Food Labeling Regulations
- 11/26/2014 Constituent Update: Live Webcast for Several Sessions of the National Food Safety Education Conference
- 11/25/2014 Press Release: FDA finalizes menu and vending machine calorie labeling rules
Recent Food Recalls
FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Linked to Mung Bean Sprouts Produced by Wonton Foods Inc. of New York FDA Investigates Listeria monocytogenes in Sprouts from Wholesome Soy Products, Inc. FDA Investigates Presence of Listeria in Hispanic-style Cheese
- More Outbreak Investigations