- The time to plan for a weather emergency or power outage is before it happens.
- A draft study by the FDA and FSIS evaluates the risk of listeriosis associated with foods prepared in retail delis.
- Picnic and barbecue season offer lots of opportunities for outdoor fun with family and friends. But these warm weather events also present opportunities for foodborne bacteria to thrive.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor’s Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
- Added Caffeine in Gum
05/08/2013: Statement in response to Wrigley's announcement regarding Alert Energy Caffeine Gum.
Food Business Requirements: Starting a Food Business Prior Notice of Imported Foods
- Fact Sheet on the FSMA Proposed Rule for Produce Safety
- Fact Sheet on the FSMA Proposed Rule for Preventive Controls for Human Food
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
FDA seeks preliminary injunction against New York fish manufacturer
FDA releases new tool to help prevent intentional food contamination
FDA warns consumers about potential health risk with Juices Incorporated juice products
- 05/15/2013 Constituent Update: FDA Releases New Tool to Help Prevent Intentional Food Contamination
FDA statement about Canadian salmon that were exposed to the infectious salmon anemia (ISA) virus(PDF - 243KB)