- Join us to discuss the Preventive Controls for Human and Animal Food Final Rules.
- Fish and shellfish are an important part of a healthful diet, learn how to handle seafood safely.
- Make your Fall events enjoyable and safe for you and your unborn baby.
- Learn how to stay safe from foodborne illness when consuming these foods.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 09/21/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Holding Public Meeting on FSMA Preventive Controls for Human and Animal Food Final Rules
- 09/15/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Announces Public Comment Period on Menu Labeling Guidance
- 09/11/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Statement on Release of Menu Labeling Guidance
- 09/10/2015 News Release: The FDA takes important steps in modernizing the food safety system
Recent Food Recalls
FDA Investigates Outbreak of Listeria Linked to Soft Cheeses Distributed by Karoun Dairies Inc. FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Poona Linked to Cucumbers FDA Investigates 2015 Outbreaks of Cyclosporiasis FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Paratyphi B Infections Linked to Frozen Raw Tuna
- More Outbreak Investigations