- Before you start cooking learn some facts about safe food handling.
- Discover how to make healthful food choices when preparing their lunches.
- Learn about protecting yourself and your family with easy safety tips.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 08/06/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Warns Tattoo Artists and Consumers Not to Use Certain Tattoo Inks
- 07/31/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Announces Raw Milk Cheese Data Call and Release of Joint FDA/Health Canada Risk Assessment
Update on Listeria monocytogenes and Cantaloupes
- 08/04/2015 News Release: FDA acts to stop Sacramento tofu and sprout manufacturer from selling adulterated food