- What will you prepare for your child’s lunch? Discover how to make healthful food choices.
- Before you start cooking learn some facts about safe food handling.
- Packaged ice is an easy way to keep foods cold while entertaining outdoors. Learn how FDA regulates packaged ice.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 07/11/2014 Constituent Update: FDA Posts Updated Results for its Total Diet Study
- 07/02/2014 News Release: Federal judge approves consent decree with New York dietary supplement maker
- 06/26/2014 Constituent Update: FDA Issues Guidance on Use of Nanotechnology by Food and Cosmetics Industries
- 06/24/2014 News Release: FDA issues guidance to support the responsible development of nanotechnology products
Recent Food Recalls
FDA Investigates Outbreak of Salmonella Newport, Salmonella Hartford, and Salmonella Oranienburg Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia Seed Powder FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O121 Infections Linked to Consumption of Raw Clover Sprouts FDA Investigates Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Frozen Feeder Rodents Packaged by Reptile Industries Inc.
- More Outbreak Investigations