- Changes based on extensive outreach and public comment.
- FDA calls upon innovators for solutions that will accelerate Salmonella detection in produce.
Find out how to submit your concepts.
- Are you prepared for an emergency? Find out what you need to know before one occurs.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 09/23/2014 News Release: FDA food safety challenge to spur new technologies for fighting foodborne illness
- 09/19/2014 Constituent Update: FDA Seeks to Make FSMA Proposals More Flexible, Targeted
- 09/19/2014 News Release: FDA releases updated proposals to improve food safety and help prevent foodborne illness in response to public comments
FDA Update on the Status of Artisanal Cheese
Recent Food Recalls
Dominguez Foods of Washington Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Wheat, Whey (Milk), and Soy in “Su Cocina” Label, Pan Molido (Plain Bread Crumbs) Bravo Recalls Select Chicken and Turkey Pet Foods Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk The Original Soupman Issues Allergy Alert and Recall on Certain Lots of “The Original Soupman Lobster Bisque”
- More Food Recalls
FDA Investigates Outbreak of Cyclosporiasis FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup linked to Nut Butter Products Manufactured by nSpired Natural Foods Inc. FDA Investigated Outbreak of Salmonella Newport, Salmonella Hartford, and Salmonella Oranienburg Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia Seed Powder
- More Outbreak Investigations