- Learn some basic facts about food allergies and FDA’s role.
- FDA offers accurate and easy-to-understand information about foodborne illness for pregnant women.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 05/06/2015 Constituent Update: Draft Guidance on Mandatory Food Recalls Available for Comment
- 04/29/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Seeks Public Comment on Risk Assessment of Drug Residues in Milk and Milk Products
- 04/23/2015 News Release: Illinois food company agrees to stop production of contaminated sprouts
Recent Food Recalls
A&S Food Trading Inc. Issues an Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in Hua Zhi Ying Brand Gourd Candy Aurora Products, Inc. Announces Voluntarily Recall of Aurora Natural Brand and Certain Private Label Branded Raw Macadamia Nuts Due to Possible Health Risk Good Seed Inc. Recalls Soybean Sprouts & Mung Bean Sprouts Due To Possible Health Risk
- More Food Recalls