- Check out the nutritional information for 20 of the most frequently consumed fruits and vegetables in the U.S.
- Learn more about the February 10, 2015 meeting and how to comment.
- Throw away commercially-produced, prepackaged caramel apples!
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 01/16/2015 Constituent Update: New FDA Guidance Document Search Now Available
- 01/15/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Announces Competitive Grant Program with NIFA to Fund Food Safety Training, Education and Technical Assistance
- 01/12/2015 Constituent Update: Draft Environmental Impact Statement on Proposed Produce Rule Available for Comment
- 12/12/2014 Press Release: RZM Food Factory to cease operations for repeated food safety violations
Recent Food Recalls
Freeland Foods Voluntarily Recalls Spicy Seed Due To Potential Health Risk Gonnella Baking Company Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Jewel Brand Gourmet Sandwich Rolls and Gonnella Brand Sub Buns Inventure Foods, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall Of Its Rader Farms Fresh Start Smoothie Blend, Sunrise Refresh Fusion, And Daily Power Fusion Due To Possible Health Risk
- More Food Recalls
FDA Investigates Listeria monocytogenes Illnesses Linked to Caramel Apples FDA Investigates Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Linked to Mung Bean Sprouts Produced by Wonton Foods Inc. of New York FDA Investigates Listeria monocytogenes in Sprouts from Wholesome Soy Products, Inc.
- More Outbreak Investigations