Dr. Stephen Ostroff, M.D., is the FDA's acting commissioner of food and drugs. As the top official of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Dr. Ostroff is committed to strengthening programs and policies that enable the agency to carry out its mission to protect and promote the public health.
"It’s a singular honor to be given the opportunity to represent the people of the FDA who every day dedicate their work to assure safe and effective medical products, foods, and cosmetics and to mitigate the health consequences of tobacco products," says Dr. Ostroff.
Most Recent Speeches
- Priming the Innovation Pump -- FDA's Role in Advancing and Using Next Generation Sequencing
- Remarks to the Alliance for a Stronger FDA
- Recent Developments in Combating Antibiotic Resistance: FDA's Role
- Remarks at the 2015 Annual Conference of the Food and Drug Law Institute, Washington, D.C.
- National Prescription Drug Abuse Summit