List of Contact Lenses Allowed to be Sold in the United States
Before medical devices, such as contact lenses are sold in the U.S., FDA reviews the marketing application from the medical device companies and determines whether the companies can release the device into the marketplace.
Device@FDA can help you search for detailed information about specific medical devices, including diagnostic tests. Use this web site to:
- Find out if devices have been reviewed and released for sale by FDA
- Get phone numbers and addresses of medical device companies
- Read and print patient information and instructions for use
- Learn about changes to devices since they first went on sale
Use these links to see a list of contact lenses reviewed by FDA and released for sale in the U.S.:
- Find soft contact lenses with product code LPM
- Find soft contact lenses with product code LPL
- Find soft contact lenses with product code MVN
- Find rigid gas permeable contact lenses with product code HQD
- Find rigid gas permeable contact lenses with product code MWL
- Find rigid gas permeable contact lenses with product code NUU
Please note that a new listing is not added until approximately five working days after the last day of the month in which the device was released into the marketplace. In some cases, it can take as long as fives weeks to appear.