The Product Classification Database contains medical device names and associated information developed by the Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) in support of its mission. This database contains device names and their associated product codes. The name and product code identify the generic category of a device for FDA. The Product Code assigned to a device is based upon the medical device product classification designated under 21 CFR Parts 862-892.
These files are updated every Sunday.
- Search the on-line product code database
- Information on how to classify a device
- Download Product Code files
Information on Devices Regulated by other Centers
- Devices regulated by CBER (Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research)
- Intercenter Agreements which are working agreements developed between the FDA Centers, outline certain categories of products and how these products have been regulated by the FDA.