More Women's Health Topics
Check the links on this page to learn more about these women's health issues:
- Medication Safety
- Cell Phone Safety
- Healthy Eating/ Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Weight Loss
FDA does not review the safety of cell phones and other wireless devices before they can be sold. At this time, the FDA says that scientific evidence does not show increased health risks due to radiofrequency energy - the kind of radiation that is emitted by cell phones. Research is ongoing.
- Cell Phones - FDA
- Do cell phones pose a health hazard? - FDA
- No Evidence Linking Cell Phone Use to Risk of Brain Tumors - FDA
- Short Video on Cell Phones - FDA
Most women use cosmetics and other products every day. The FDA encourages women to educate themselves about how to safely use these products.
- Cosmetics fact sheet - FDA
- Tattoos and Permanent Make-up - FDA
- General Information on Cosmetics - FDA
- Bad Reaction to Cosmetics? Tell FDA
- Lipstick and Lead: Questions and Answers - FDA
- "Organic" Cosmetics - FDA
- Tanning - FDA
- Wrinkle Fillers - FDA
Anyone can feel depressed. Women are more likely to have depression than men. Depression affects 1 out of 5 women in the United States. There is hope. Check these links to learn more about depression and how it is treated.
- Depression Medication Booklet - FDA
- Depression Fact Sheet - FDA
- Women and Depression: Discovering Hope
The flu affects thousands of people each year. The FDA approves vaccines and medicines to prevent and treat the flu. Check these links to learn ways to protect yourself against the flu.
- Get Set for Winter Illness Season - FDA
- Pregnancy and Flu
- Seasonal Flu Videos in American Sign Language
- Choosing Healthful Foods: Using the Nutrition Facts on the Food Label - FDA
- Nutrition Facts programs and materials - FDA
- Food Facts for Consumers - FDA
- Women and HIV fact sheet – FDA
- HIV/AIDS Medication Booklet - FDA
- HIV and AIDS Activities - FDA
- National Women’s Health Information Center – Women & HIV/AIDS
- CDC National Prevention Information Network
There are over 100 different kinds of HPV and not all of them cause health problems. Some kinds of HPV may cause problems like genital warts. Some kinds of HPV can also cause cancer of the cervix, vagina, vulva, or anus.
- HPV fact sheet (English) - FDA
- HPV fact sheet (Spanish) -FDA
- HPV fact sheet (524 KB PDF) (Chamorro) - FDA
- HPV fact sheet (377 KB PDF) (Urdu) - FDA
- HPV fact sheet (452 KB PDF) (Vietnamese)
Liposuction is a surgery that removes fat from under the skin. Check these FDA resources to learn more about the risks and benefits of liposuction.
- Weight Loss Fraud - FDA
- Beware of Fraudulent Weight-Loss 'Dietary Supplements' - FDA
- Gastric Band Weight-Loss Claims - FDA
- HCG Diet Products - FDA
- Tainted Weight Loss Products - FDA