Check the links on this page to learn more about these women's health issues:
Most women use cosmetics and other products every day. The FDA encourages women to educate themselves about how to safely use these products.
- Cosmetics fact sheet - FDA
- Tattoos and Permanent Make-up - FDA
- General Information on Cosmetics - FDA
- Bad Reaction to Cosmetics? Tell FDA
- Lipstick and Lead - FDA
- "Organic" Cosmetics - FDA
- Tanning - FDA
- Wrinkle Fillers - FDA
Anyone can feel depressed. Women are more likely to have depression than men. Depression affects 1 out of 5 women in the United States. There is hope. Check these links to learn more about depression and how it is treated.
- Depression Medication Booklet - FDA
- Depression Fact Sheet - FDA
- Women and Depression: Discovering Hope
The flu affects thousands of people each year. The FDA approves vaccines and medicines to prevent and treat the flu. Check these links to learn ways to protect yourself against the flu.
- Get Set for Winter Illness Season - FDA
- Pregnancy and Flu
- Seasonal Flu Videos in American Sign Language
The FDA has information to help you make good food choices.
- Choosing Healthful Foods: Using the Nutrition Facts on the Food Label - FDA
- 4 Tips for a Healthy and Stress-Free Lunchbox - FDA
- Food Facts for Consumers - FDA
LASIK is eye surgery done with a laser to help you see better. The laser makes tiny cuts that change the shape of the clear cover over the eye called the cornea. Check the FDA website to learn more about the benefits and risks of Lasik.
Liposuction is a surgery that removes fat from under the skin. Check these FDA resources to learn more about the risks and benefits of liposuction.
- Weight Loss Fraud - FDA
- Beware of Fraudulent Weight-Loss 'Dietary Supplements' - FDA
- Gastric Band Weight-Loss Claims - FDA
- HCG Diet Products - FDA
- Tainted Weight Loss Products - FDA