The inventory of GRAS notices provides the following information about GRAS notices filed within each year since 1998, when FDA received its first GRAS notice:
- The name of the substance
- The file number (GRN No.) that FDA has assigned to the notice
- A hyperlink to the letter that FDA sent in response to the notice. The text of this link also indicates the date of the letter.
The file number for each GRAS notice also serves as a hyperlink to additional information corresponding to the proposed "GRAS exemption claim" (proposed 21 CFR 170.36(c)(1)), including the following information, which FDA proposed to make readily accessible to the public:
- The name of the person who made the GRAS determination (notifier)
- The notifier’s address
- The intended conditions of use of the substance
- The statutory basis for the GRAS determination
Additional information includes:
- The date when FDA filed the notice
- The date when the evaluation process came to closure
- When applicable, a hyperlink to additional correspondence that FDA has issued regarding the GRAS notice
- The petition number if the substance was originally the subject of a GRAS petition
- In some cases, a hyperlink to the notice itself
Persons interested in obtaining additional data and information in the notice may obtain a copy of those data and information that are disclosable by requesting the information under the Freedom of Information Act.
We will update this information approximately monthly.