March 21, 2016 from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN)
Harvey W. Wiley Federal Building
5100 Paint Branch Parkway
College Park, MD 20740
This public meeting provided importers and other interested persons an opportunity to discuss import safety regulations and programs, including final rules for foreign supplier verification programs for importers of food for humans and animals and accreditation of third-party certification bodies.
Participants were briefed on the status of FDA’s Voluntary Qualified Importer Program, which is still in development. Additionally, the public meeting provided importers and other interested persons an opportunity to discuss FDA’s comprehensive planning effort for the next phase of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act implementation relating to import safety programs, which includes establishing the operational framework for these programs and plans for guidance documents, training, education, and technical assistance. The meeting was also designed to answer questions about these import programs and provide an opportunity for interested persons to make public comments.
For general questions about the meeting, contact Juanita Yates, FDA, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, 240-402-1731, e-mail: Juanita.Yates@fda.hhs.gov.
- Federal Register Notice
- Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) Final Rule
- Accredited Third-Party Certification Final Rule
- Agenda (PDF: 167KB)
- Transcript (PDF: 500KB)
- Presentation: Foreign Supplier Verification Program Final Rule Overview) (PPT: 1.6MB)
- Presentation: Voluntary Qualified Importer Program Draft Guidance Overview (PPT: 398KB)
- Presentation: Accredited Third-Party Certification Final Rule Overview (PPT: 2MB)
- Presentation: Implementation of FDA’s Import System Overview (PPT: 573KB)
- Presentation: Systems Recognition Overview (PPT: 1.45MB)
- Presentation: FSMA Communications and Engagement for International Stakeholders (PDF: 1.45MB)