FDA works with other government agencies and private sector organizations to help reduce the risk of tampering or other malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food and cosmetic supply.
- Food Defense Plan Builder Training Videos Now Available
The user-friendly software program is designed to assist owners and operators of food facilities with developing personalized food defense plans for their facilities.
- Proposed Rule Released
New proposed rule under the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) addresses intentional adulteration of food.
Tools & Resources
- Food Defense 101 (including ALERT)
- Food Defense Plan Builder
- Employees FIRST
- See Something, Say Something™ Campaign
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Mitigation Strategies Database
Education & Outreach
- Food Defense Awareness Workshops
- Food Defense Symposium September 2013
- Food Defense Plan Builder Webinar May 2013
- NACCHO Interactive Food Defense Workshop July 2012
- Food Safety Summit Workshop: Interactive Food Defense Workshop April 2012
For general food defense information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general emergency preparedness and coordination information, please email CFSANEmergencyPreparednessandCoordination@fda.hhs.gov.
Registration of Food Facilities
Information on the requirement that owners, operators, or agents in charge of domestic or foreign facilities that manufacture, process, pack, or hold food for consumption in the United States must register with FDA.
Information about FDA's authority to order the administrative detention of human or animal food.
Establishment & Maintenance of Records
Information on the requirements for establishment, maintenance, and availability of records by persons who manufacture, process, pack, transport, distribute, receive, hold, or import food into the United States.
Prior Notice of Imported Foods
Information on the requirement that FDA receive prior notice before food is imported or offered for import into the United States.