How to Report a Shortage or Supply Issue
Note to Industry: FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) Drug Shortage Program appreciates all notifications of potential and actual supply issues. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to report any potential or actual shortage issues.
Reporting a Drug Shortage or Supply Issue
- Reporting to FDA
Contact CDER by email: email@example.com
Contact CDER by phone: 888-INFOFDA (888-463-6332) or 301-796-3400
- Reporting to the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
Use the Society's Drug Product Shortages Report form (non-FDA site)
When you use this form, you are reporting a drug shortage to ASHP, not FDA. CDER partners with ASHP to minimize drug shortages and to report rapid, accurate drug shortage information.
Reporting Shortages of Other Products to FDA
- Biological and related products including blood, vaccines, tissue, allergenics
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER)
Call: Biological product manufacturers and healthcare personnel may report a real or suspected biological product shortage by calling 301-827-4239.
- Food, including medical foods and cosmetic products
Center for Food Safety and Nutrition (CFSAN)
Call: 1-888-SAFEFOOD (1-888-723-3366)
- Food additives and drugs that will be given to animals
Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM)
- Medical devices and radiation-emitting products
Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH)