Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in these displays. For assistance, please call 240-402-5430.
NARMS 2012-2013 Integrated Report - Interactive Data Displays
Guidance to viewers: Antimicrobial resistance is extremely complex and driven by many factors. In general, it is difficult to draw meaningful conclusions by comparing just one year to another. Instead, it is best to look for patterns that emerge over several years.
This page includes links to six interactive displays encompassing fourteen separate graphs. The displays allow users to visualize the percent resistance among NARMS isolates. Each graph is dynamic: users can select the antimicrobial agent, isolate source, and year to be viewed. Data includes Salmonella and Campylobacter isolates from humans, retail meats, and food animals by year, multidrug resistance among Salmonella isolates, and E. coli and Enterococcus isolates from retail meats and food animals.
Instructions for using the interactive graphs:
- The links will take users to a site where the displays can be viewed and customized.
- All of the interactive displays are defaulted to show every data point.
- Click on the quick filters at right to select antimicrobial(s), source(s), species or year(s) for customized views of individual resistance trends.
- After viewing the displays, click your web browser's 'back' arrow to return to this page.
- If you experience an intermittent web browser error, please switch to a different browser (for example, use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer).
- This display includes graphs for C. jejuni and C. coli isolates (shown on separate tabs).
- Data for each graph can be found in Tables 76 and 79.
- Campylobacter Isolates
- This display includes graphs for all non-Typhoidal Salmonella isolates (shown on two tabs).
- Data for each graph can be found in Table 14.
- Salmonella Isolates
Multidrug Resistance among Salmonella Serotypes
- This display includes tabs for multidrug resistance patterns among Salmonella isolated from various sources.
- Data for each graph can be found in Table 29.
- Salmonella Multidrug Resistance
- This display includes tabs for the six serotypes most commonly isolated from humans during the reporting year.
- Data for each graph can be found in Tables 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, and 56.
- This display includes a graph for all E. coli isolates
- Data for the graph can be found in Table 86.
- E. coli isolates
- This display includes two tabs; each tab shows various meat sources. The viewer may select the Enterococcus species of interest on each tab.
- Data for each graph can be found in Tables 96, 100, and 104.
- Enterococcus Isolates
The interactive graphs were developed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, in consultation with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.