Now seeking this expertise:
- Physicians and Engineers
- These opportunities offer training on scientific and regulatory issues. Candidates will contribute to FDA activities such as; conducting device reviews, developing guidance documents and regulatory policy, providing expert consultation, conducting research, and participating in post market activities, all part of FDA's mission to ensure safe and effective diagnostic devices. These opportunities are appropriate for fully trained physicians, engineers, statisticians and other experts in their early, mid, or late careers. The fellowship is a 13 month appointment, which potentially may be extended for up to a total 24 months. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to:
Participate in FDA Regulation of Medical Devices
- Device safety and efficacy evaluation
- Device adverse event evaluation
- Medical device recalls
Provide Public Service
- Join CDRH's mission to protect the public health by ensuring that medical devices are safe and effective
- Share your expertise on complex device issues
- Make a difference in the lives of patients and consumers
- Competitive Salary Range depending upon experience and credentials
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
- Federal Leave and Holidays
- Federal Employees Retirement System
Interested candidates should complete an online application on the “How to Apply” webpage, and also submit their resume and a letter of interest to:
Medical Device Fellowship Program
White Oak Building 66, Room G 406
10903 New Hampshire Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20993
- Applications are accepted year-round and should be submitted at least 3 months prior to the desired starting date. Our strategic needs and projects do change, so applicants are kept active on file for up to two years. If desired, updated applications and documents may be submitted.
How to Apply - Summer Interns
MEDICAL DEVICE FELLOWSHIP INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Medical Device Summer Internship 2013 – Application Period now CLOSED
What’s Next in the MDFP Summer Internship process?
MDFP will receive certified candidates from HR. Supervisors will interview potential candidates during March. Identified candidates will be notified 2 – 3 weeks following the interviews. Non-selected individuals will not be contacted. We greatly appreciate your interest in our Medical Devices Fellowship Program.
Information for the 2014 summer internships will be posted in September, 2013.
OTHER FDA INTERNSHIPS
If you missed our MDFP deadlines, or are would like to apply to other additional FDA internship announcements, please do so. More FDA Pathways announcements are expected to be posted on www.usajobs.gov on FEBRUARY 25TH and be open for five days.
Search for FDA Pathways. Be sure to include all needed documents. If you are not familiar with www.usajobs.gov, please go to the website ahead of time, create an account, upload your documents, and practice searching for announcements.