Excellent customer service means understanding and addressing, as appropriate, stakeholders’ and colleagues’ needs through:
- active listening,
- problem solving,
- seeking out the ideas of others,
- explaining the reason for our decisions and requests for information,
- learning from our mistakes, and
- doing our best.
Providing excellent customer service improves our interactions with stakeholders and colleagues and supports better regulatory outcomes, which improves public health. Providing excellent customer service does not change our regulatory obligations. It does not mean letting unsafe or ineffective devices on the market – it instead requires identifying and meeting our customers' needs, as appropriate, while still achieving our mission and vision.
On June 16, 2014, CDRH officially launched the Customer Satisfaction survey. CDRH has met and exceeded each established target for providing excellent customer service. The links below show our customer satisfaction rating for each of the target survey periods.
- CDRH Customer Satisfaction Rating - June 16, 2014 - December 31, 2014 – 83%
- CDRH Customer Satisfaction Rating - January 1, 2015 – June 30, 2015 – 88%
- CDRH Customer Satisfaction Rating - July 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015 – 87%