About the Center for Tobacco Products
The Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) oversees the implementation of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. Some of the Agency’s responsibilities under the law include setting performance standards, reviewing premarket applications for new and modified risk tobacco products, requiring new warning labels, and establishing and enforcing advertising and promotion restrictions.
Strategic Overview: Vision,
CTP's strategic overview provides a high-level view of our work and priorities and will be augmented by detailed strategic and tactical work plans currently being developed by every CTP office. These will include a list of objectives tied to the CTP-wide goals and priority activities for achieving them as outlined in this Strategic Overview.
- Director, Mitch Zeller, J.D.
- Deputy Director, Richard J. Turman, MPP
- Director, Office of Health Communication and Education, Kathy Crosby
- Director, Office of Management, Brian Trent, MPA
- Director, Office of Regulations, Beverly Chernaik, J.D.
- Director, Office of Compliance and Enforcement, Ann Simoneau, J.D.
- Director, Office of Policy, Eric Lindblom, J.D.
- Director, Office of Science, David Ashley, Ph.D