The mission of FDA’s China Office is to strengthen the safety, quality, and effectiveness of food and medical products produced in China for export to the United States. FDA’s China Office works to fulfill this mission through:
- collaboration, capacity-building and confidence-building with Chinese regulatory counterparts, at the central, provincial, and municipal level;
- outreach to regulated Chinese firms that wish to export their products to the United States to enhance understanding of FDA standards;
- monitoring and reporting on conditions, trends and events that could affect the safety, quality, and effectiveness of FDA-regulated products exported to the United States;
- conducting inspections at facilities that manufacture FDA-regulated goods; and
- increasing collaboration and coordination with key stakeholders to strengthen product safety, quality and effectiveness.