Resources for You
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Outreach and Information Center
5100 Paint Branch Parkway HFS-009
College Park, MD 20740-3835
Toll-Free Information Line:
Subscribe to E-mail Updates
Follow us on Twitter
The Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, known as CFSAN, provides services to consumers, domestic and foreign industry and other outside groups regarding field programs; agency administrative tasks; scientific analysis and support; and policy, planning and handling of critical issues related to food, dietary supplements, and cosmetics.
- How to Report a Problem with Food, Cosmetics, or Dietary Supplements
- For all questions or problems related to meat and poultry, please contact USDA.
- If you are a consumer and have a complaint or concern (you have not experienced an injury or illness) with a product, please contact a Complaint Coordinator.
- If you are a consumer or health professional who wants to report an injury or illness related to a product, please complete an electronic Voluntary MedWatch form or paper Voluntary MedWatch form that can be mailed to FDA.
- If you are an industry member and want to file a Voluntary Adverse Event Report, please complete an electronic Voluntary MedWatch form or paper Voluntary MedWatch form that can be mailed to FDA.
- If you are an industry member and need to file a Mandatory Adverse Event Report about Dietary Supplements, please complete a Mandatory MedWatch Form. See Dietary Supplements - Reporting an Adverse Event for more information.
- If you are an industry member and need to submit a Reportable Food Registry (RFR) report when there is a reasonable probability that the use of, or exposure to, an article of food will cause serious adverse health consequences or death to humans or animals (excluding infant formula and dietary supplements), please visit the Safety Reporting Portal. For more information, visit the Reportable Food Registry page.
- What does FDA regulate?
- Current Outbreak Information
- Resources from Other Government Agencies
- Contact Information for Other FDA Centers and Offices (Drugs, Tobacco, Devices, Biologics, and more)