State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Regulatory Partners
In support of our common public health mission, FDA's Office of Regulatory Affairs' Office of Training Education and Development (OTED) provides free training to state, local and tribal regulatory partners. This page contains information and instructions that will be very helpful to you as you begin your learning experience with OTED.
FY23 National Cooperative Program Training Schedule and Registration Process:
- Registering to Attend National FDA Cooperative Program Courses for FY23
- Please note class registration closes 60 days prior to the course delivery date
- Student Registration Forms (Fillable PDF) can be found in the specific course announcements.
- If you did not receive the course announcement, you can access both the course announcement and student registration form in LearnEd. Follow the instructions in this link: How to register for a Cooperative Foods Course.
OTED’s Learning Managment System
||OTED offers continuous learning with a combination of online courses and classroom training. We offer continuing education units (CEUs). FDA/ORA collaborates with its stakeholders and external organizations to develop suggested curricula to meet the training needs of our regulatory partners.
Our vision is for OTED to serve you as a source of training, as well as, a provider of certification.
To learn more, on how to increase health protection and meet the mission of the Agency use the link to attend this self-paced course.
FD8005R Curriculum: Food Safety Culture (csod.com)
OTED Online Courses
OTED online courses are competency-based with mastery quizzes contained within each module. Once you have completed a course, you can print a Certification of Completion for your records.
These courses are made possible as a result of our a partnership between FDA and a private learning development company, UL EduNeering, Inc.
OTED currently uses two Learning Management Systems (LMS) for its training programs: ComplianceWire LMS and the ORA LearnED Training System that replaced the Pathlore legacy LMS for delivering online and classroom trainings. Learn more about the ORA LearnEd Training System.
State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Partners may access both LMS systems which contain online content and prerequisites. Each require a separate username and password. However, you can access both once you have an account in the ORA LearnED Training System.
ORA LearnEd Training System
Where to access the ORA LearnEd System:
Log onto: https://fdaoted.csod.com and click on the blue button labeled “Calendar” to view currently scheduled OTED courses.
|Glossary Crosswalk for Learners: Since the ORA LearnED Training System utilizes different terminology than that of the legacy Pathlore LMS we’ve prepared this Glossary Crosswalk to help you navigate the new system.|
|Quick Reference Guide: View our ORA LearnED Quick Reference Guide to see a synopsis of the system.|
|Short video tutorials: Click the following links to view our short video tutorials:|
|User Guides: For a more comprehensive look into using ORA LearnED you can view the following ORA LearnED OTED User Guides:|
To set up a ComplianceWire account, personnel in ORA Program Areas should contact your Program Training Officer (PTO). Center Employees should submit a ticket with the APPS Desk at: Appsdesk@fda.hhs.gov for assistance. Additional information is below:
- Log into ComplianceWire
- Request a ComplianceWire Account (For Non-FDA Employees Only)
- ComplianceWire Login Instructions
Food Emergency Response Network (FERN)
FERN Website: this link will direct you to the public FERN website. To access the FERN Introduction Modules, please click on Read More and scroll down.
How to get your Personal Transcripts
- For courses taken through the ORA LearnED LMS ORA LearnED LMS, log into the Welcome page, then click on the blue ‘Transcript’ button https://fdaoted.csod.com
- For web-based courses and learning requirements delivered through the ComplianceWire learning portal, log into https://www.compliancewire.com/Secure/logon-cwire.asp and click “history”
- For courses and learning requirements delivered through the HHS learning portal, log into https://lms.learning.hhs.gov/ and click “learning”
11919 Rockville Pike