Section 6 of the Tobacco Control Act - Modification of Deadlines for Secretarial Action
Return to Tobacco Control Act Main Page
- Delayed Commencement of Dates for Secretarial Action
- In General. Except as provided in subsection (c), with respect to any time periods specified in this division (or in an amendment made by this division) that begin on the date of enactment of this Act, within which the Secretary of Health and Human Services is required to carry out and complete specified activities, the calculation of such time periods shall commence on the date described in subsection (b).
- Limitation. Subsection (a) shall only apply with respect to obligations of the Secretary of Health and Human Services that must be completed within a specified time period and shall not apply to the obligations of any other person or to any other provision of this division (including the amendments made by this division) that do not create such obligations of the Secretary and are not contingent on actions by the Secretary.
- Date Described. The date described in this subsection is the first day of the first fiscal quarter following the initial 2 consecutive fiscal quarters of fiscal year 2010 for which the Secretary of Health and Human Services has collected fees under section 919 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (as added by section 101).
- Exception. Subsection (a) shall not apply to any time period (or date) contained
- in section 102, except that the reference to "180 days" in subsection (a)(1) of such section shall be deemed to be "270 days"; and
- in sections 201 through 204 (or the amendments made by any such sections).
- Adjustment. The Secretary of Health and Human Services may extend or reduce the duration of one or more time periods to which subsection (a) applies if the Secretary determines appropriate, except that no such period shall be extended for more than 90 days.