FDA Tobacco Compliance Webinars
FDA Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) hosts a series of webinars on federal tobacco regulations. These webinars are designed to provide FDA tobacco compliance education and information to retailers and to small business manufacturers.
Compliance Webinars for Tobacco Manufacturers and Retailers on the Final Rule Extending FDA Authority to All Tobacco Products
The FDA has finalized a rule—commonly referred to as the "deeming rule"—extending its authority to all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, cigars, hookah tobacco, and pipe tobacco, among others.
The FDA's series of webinars will help tobacco retailers, importers, and manufacturers better understand the agency's regulatory authority. Participants will learn the steps they must take to comply with the rule's requirements for the marketing and sale of all tobacco products.
Compliance Date Updates:
- July/August 2018: See Guidance: Compliance Policy for Certain Labeling and Warning Statement Requirements for Cigars and Pipe Tobacco.
- November 2017: FDA extended the ingredient listing compliance deadlines for manufacturers and importers of deemed tobacco products to provide the same six month extension that previously only applied to those in certain natural disaster areas.
- August 2017: FDA published extended timelines to submit tobacco product review applications for deemed tobacco products that were on the market as of August 8, 2016.
- May 2017: FDA announced it was providing a three-month extension of all future compliance deadlines for requirements under the final deeming rule.
Watch previously-recorded webinars:
- Submit questions during the webinar using the “Q&A box” on your screen.
- If you have questions after the webinar, please contact us.
Share your Ideas
We request your valued input for future webinar topics. Send your ideas to AskCTP@fda.hhs.gov.