On this page:
- December 28, 2022 – In the HPHR Journal, Dr. Brian King discusses bringing health equity to the forefront of tobacco product regulation and public health education.
- November 8, 2022 – In a virtual discussion and Q&A with Truth Initiative CEO and President Robin Koval, Dr. Brian King discusses CTP’s vision for the future regulation of tobacco products.
- September 26, 2022 – In The Associated Press, Dr. Brian King talks about how CTP is taking a scientific approach to regulating tobacco and nicotine.
- August 3, 2022 – Dr. Brian King provides an update on FDA’s review and enforcement of non-tobacco nicotine products.
- November 9, 2022 – In a podcast interview with CHEST’s Tobacco/Vaping Work Group, Dr. Brian King discusses priorities for CTP, its enforcement capacity, the evaluation of electronic cigarettes, and reducing nicotine content in cigarettes.
Dr. Brian King was appointed Director of the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) in July 2022. In this position, Dr. King is responsible for assuring that CTP accomplishes its public health goals and for operationalizing the Center’s vision and mission as it implements the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act.
Dr. King has worked for nearly two decades to provide sound scientific evidence to inform tobacco control policy and to effectively communicate this information to key stakeholders, including decision makers, the media, and the general public. Prior to joining FDA, he served as the Deputy Director for Research Translation in CDC’s Office on Smoking and Health, and more recently as the Executive Editor of CDC’s Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report Series. He has authored more than 200 scientific journal articles related to tobacco prevention and control, served as Senior Associate Editor for multiple U.S. Surgeon General’s Reports on tobacco, and was lead author of CDC’s 2014 evidence-based guide, “Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs.”
Dr. King holds a Ph.D. and M.P.H. in Epidemiology from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Contact Information
- Brian King
- 1-877-287-1373 (9am EST-4pm EST)