The Office of Minority Health and Health Equity (OMHHE) Research and Collaboration Program works with FDA centers and external partners to support research studies about minority health and health disparities and to aid regulatory decision-making.
Visit Research and Collaboration to learn about OMHHE's research projects.
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Genomic Science and Health Equity
The doctoral fellowship cosponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Minority Health and Health Equity (OMHHE) prepares fellows to use genetic, genomic and pharmacogenomic approaches to advance minority health and health equity.
This fellowship program will provide fellows opportunities based upon the research conducted in the laboratories of the fellowship mentors to address basic, clinical, or social and behavioral research related to minority health and health disparities. The fellowship also strives to train a diverse group of scientists who engage in such genetic, genomic or pharmacogenomic research. The fellowship provides an opportunity to develop an interdisciplinary skill set that bridges disparities in minority health and translation of genomic, genetic and pharmacogenomic laboratory research in practice.
Visit the NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship in Genomic Science and Health Equity page for more information.
Pharmacy Student Rotations
OMHHE participates in FDA Pharmacy Student Experiential Program, where students learn how FDA addresses public health issues involving drugs, biologics, and medical devices. Pharmacy students on rotation have the opportunity to:
- Attend FDA advisory committee hearings, and monthly lectures
- Learn about FDA operations
- Interact with pharmacy students from schools across the country
- Learn about government pharmacist career opportunities
Students also learn about regulatory efforts to address health disparities and minority health by completing a designated project.
Visit the FDA Pharmacy Student Experiential Program page for more information.
Learn More About Other Research at FDA
Government Resources on Minority Health Research
- Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities
Resources For You
- FDA Office of Minority Health and Health Equity Research Projects and Publications
- Featured Research: African Americans and Alzheimer's Disease
- Featured Research: Genetic Differences Among Women with Lupus