Voluntary Reporting For use by Health Professionals, Consumers, and Patients
Reporting can be done through our online reporting portal or by downloading, completing and then submitting FDA Form 3500 (health professional) or 3500B (consumer/patient) to MedWatch: The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program.
Form FDA 3500B - Voluntary Reporting for Consumers
A consumer-friendly version of the 3500 reporting form.
Online Voluntary Reporting
Easy online reporting with a by Health Professionals and Consumers and Patients.
Form FDA 3500b - Denuncia Voluntaria del Consumidor FORMULARIO FDA 3500B (En Español).
Siga las instrucciones en el formulario para mandarlo por fax o enviarlo por correo.
Where to Report Other FDA Regulated Product Safety Information
Other products that the FDA regulates include Tobacco Products, Vaccines, and Animal Drugs, Devices and Food, including Pet Food. These products utilize different reporting pathways. It is recommended that reports concerning these products be submitted directly to the appropriate portals below.
- Tobacco, E-cigarettes or Vaping: Report problems or adverse health events and tobacco product problems to include problems with e-cigarettes (also known as “vapes”), e-liquids, heated tobacco products, cigarettes, roll-your-own cigarettes, cigars, little cigars, pipes, waterpipes (also known as hookah), chewing tobacco, snuff, or snus. Report issues to the Safety Reporting Portal.
- Vaccines: Report vaccine events to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
- Animal Drug, Device, Pet Food and Livestock Feed Problems: Report a Problem to the Center for Veterinary Medicine.
Note that submissions for these products through MedWatch will be accepted and directed to the correct.
Resources For You
- Join MedWatch Alerts E-list
- Reporting Unlawful Sales of Medical Products on the Internet
MasterPharm, LLC. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Finasteride Plus 1.25mg Due to the Presence of an Undeclared Antihypertensive Drug
VistaPharm LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Sucralfate Oral Suspension, 1g/10mL Due to Microbial Contamination Identified as Bacillus Cereus
Universal Meditech Inc. Expands Nationwide Recall to All Products Manufactured between March 2021 and November 2022