Voluntary Reporting For use by Health Professionals, Consumers, and Patients
Reporting can be done through our online reporting portal or by downloading, completing and then submitting FDA Form 3500 (health professional) or 3500B (consumer/patient) to MedWatch:The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program,
Form FDA 3500B - Voluntary Reporting for Consumers
A consumer-friendly version of the 3500 reporting form.
Online Voluntary Reporting
Easy online reporting with a by Health Professionals and Consumers and Patients.
Form FDA 3500b - Denuncia Voluntaria del Consumidor FORMULARIO FDA 3500B (En Español).
Siga las instrucciones en el formulario para mandarlo por fax o enviarlo por correo.
Where to Report Other FDA Regulated Product Safety Information
Other products that the FDA regulates such as Tobacco Products, Vaccines and Animal/Livestock medicine and feed utilize different reporting pathways. It is recommended that reports concerning these products be submitted directly to the appropriate portals below.
- Tobacco, E-cigarettes or Vaping: Report problems or adverse health events and tobacco product problems to include problems with e-cigarettes (also known as “vapes”), e-liquids, heated tobacco products, cigarettes, roll-your-own cigarettes, cigars, little cigars, pipes, waterpipes (also known as hookah), chewing tobacco, snuff, or snus. Report issues to the Safety Reporting Portal.
- Vaccines: Report vaccine events to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
- Animal Drug, Device, Vaccine and Food Product Problems: For information on who to report animal and livestock product problems please visit the FDA.GOV website.
Note that submissions for these products through MedWatch will be accepted and directed to the correct.
Resources For You
- Join MedWatch Alerts E-list
- Reporting Unlawful Sales of Medical Products on the Internet
Two Neuromuscular Blocking Agents: CDER Alert - FDA Alerts Health Care Professionals to the Temporary Absence of Warning Statement on the Vial Caps
Transport Media Safety Risk - Use Compatible Transport Media with SARS-CoV-2 Tests that Use Bleach - Letter to Clinical Laboratory Staff and Health Care Providers
Appco Pharma LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Ranitidine Hydrochloride Capsules 150 mg and 300 mg Due to an Elevated Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA)