Implementation of ICH E2B(R3)
The E2B(R3) document package comprises four materials. The main document is the ICSR Implementation Guidance, which includes E2B(R3) data elements and message specifications; the BFC document is an appendix to the guide provided separately. The ICH ICSR XML schema set includes all necessity schema files for creating ICH ICSR messages and ICH Acknowledgement messages plus other reference schema files. The ICH ICSR reference instance is created to be aligned with these schemas and the ICH ICSR Implementation Guidance. Although the same reference instance is included in the guidance, it is provided separately as an xml file.
- E2B(R3) Electronic Transmission of Individual Case Safety Reports Implementation Guide — Data Elements and Message Specification (version 5.01) (PDF - 4099KB)
- Appendix I (B) to the ICH E2B(R3) ICSRs Implementation Guide — Backwards and Forwards Compatibility (version 2.00) (PDF - 817KB)
- FDA Regional Implementation Specifications for ICH E2B(R3) Reporting to the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS) (PDF - 36KB)
- ICH ICSR XML Schema Set (version 20110615) (zip file 982KB)
- ICH ICSR Reference Instances (version 1.0) (zip file 12KB)
- ICH ICSR Reference Instances (version 2.0) (zip file 13KB)
Additional documents provided for information
This Information Paper explains the short history of E2B, relationship to ICH M5 and ISO IDMP standard, and ICH position on regional requirements for the exchange of ICSR messages.
- Information Paper (PDF - 173KB)
This Information Paper explains the E2B(R3) Object Identifiers (OIDs).
The conversion rules between E2B(R2) and E2B(R3) messages are provided in the compatibility mapping spreadsheet. This is a base document of the BFC document above, and the conversion style-sheets are developed as implementation of these rules. The example data are not derived from the compatibility mapping spreadsheet, but present differences in E2B(R2) and E2B(R3) messages. Note that the example files do not correspond to the upgrade and down grade of each other.
- Backwards and Forwards Compatibility Mapping (excel file - 448KB)
- E2B Conversion style-sheets (zipfile 82KB)
- Example data files (zip file 70KB)
If necessary, additional materials may be added during the public consultation.
Submit comments on this guidance document electronically via docket ID: FDA-2013-S-0610 - Specific Electronic Submissions Intended For FDA's Dockets Management Staff (i.e., Citizen Petitions, Draft Proposed Guidance Documents, Variances, and other administrative record submissions)
If unable to submit comments online, please mail written comments to:
Food and Drug Administration
5630 Fishers Lane, Rm 1061
Rockville, MD 20852
All comments should be identified with the title of the guidance.