FDA Oncology Center of Excellence Presents: Conversations on Cancer: OCE Black History Month Program, “What’s on the Horizon: Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the Future of Cancer Care”
February 16, 2023
- February 16, 2023
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET
- Organized By:
Sponsored by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
The FDA Oncology Center of Excellence is excited to present a 5th Annual Conversations on Cancer program commemorating Black History Month, titled “What’s on the Horizon: Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the Future of Cancer Care”.
The panel will elevate the discussion of the importance of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) medical schools in relation to cancer treatment and care for minority communities.
Thought-leader panelists will address:
- Managing the community cancer burden vs. oncology resource paradigm.
- Amplifying the need for cultural competence among providers to enhance underserved patients’ outcomes.
- Increasing awareness of the Cancer Moonshot goals including greater minority student involvement in STEM programs and cancer careers.
- Increasing awareness of personal family cancer history in underserved communities.
- Extolling proven means to achieve greater cancer healthcare equity in clinical trials.
A free-of-charge webcast of this public panel discussion will be provided. Registration for the webcast is required at the link above.
FDA plans to post archived webcast of this Conversations on Cancer program at: https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/project-community/conversations-cancer
For any inquiries regarding this program, please send an email to: OCE-Engagement@fda.hhs.gov