- September 16, 2021
- Organized By:
Sponsored by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Hayley Arceneaux - Cancer Survivor | SpaceX Astronaut | Physician Assistant, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Greg Aune MD, PhD - Cancer Survivor | Tenured Associate Professor of Pediatrics | Greehey Distinguished University Chair for Cancer Survivorship in Children | Stephanie Edlund Distinguished Professorship in Pediatric Cancer Research, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Elizabeth Fox, MD - Senior Vice President of Clinical Trials Research, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Nancy Goodman, JD - Founder and Executive Director, Kids v Cancer
- Zoryah Guity - Cancer Survivor
- Pamela S. Hinds, PhD, RN, FAAN - The William and Joanne Conway Chair in Nursing Research | Executive Director, Nursing Science, Professional Practice and Quality Outcomes, Children's National Hospital | Pediatrics Professor, George Washington University
- Donna Ludwinski - Director of Research Advocacy, Solving Kids' Cancer, New York | Family Support Advocate, Solving Kids' Cancer UK, London
- Greg Reaman, MD – Associate Director for Pediatric Oncology, Oncology Center of Excellence, FDA
- William Yank - Three-time Leukemia Survivor | College Student | Social Media Influencer |Co-Hosts “The Illest. Cancer Podcast”
Rea Blakey - Associate Director for External Outreach and Engagement, Oncology Center of Excellence, FDA
Richard Pazdur, MD - Center Director, Oncology Center of Excellence, FDA
Registration required to attend: https://fdaoce.formstack.com/forms/ocecoca091621
The FDA Oncology Center of Excellence presents Conversations on Cancer - The Future of Childhood Cancer Drug Development: Is the Sky the Limit? Join this 1 ½ hour informal panel discussion exploring personal perspectives from survivors, clinicians, caregivers, and pediatric patient advocates on the impact of childhood cancer.
September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and this important discussion will cover the following:
- Pre-recorded video excerpts featuring Hayley Arceneaux, SpaceX Astronaut.
- The evolving regulatory landscape including expectations from RACE, study design innovation, and international collaboration.
- The real cost of successful cancer therapy in children - learning from past experience and the need for continued research to mitigate toxicity and shape treatment strategies.
- Defining tolerability of new cancer therapies: Children deserve to have their voices heard.
- The pivotal role of advocacy in childhood cancer therapeutic research.
A free-of-charge webcast of this public panel discussion will be provided. Registration for the webcast is required at the link above.
FDA plans to post archived webcasts after the meeting, however, in cases where the transmission was not successful, archived webcasts will not be available.
For any inquiries regarding this program, please send an email to: OCE-Engagement@fda.hhs.gov