- November 30, 2022
- 12:05 PM - 1:00 PM ET
Tell us what you think about the town halls
On This Page:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will continue hosting the virtual town hall series on test development and validation during public health emergencies to provide information and answer questions about test development. Topics for each event are listed in Save the Date section below, which may be on monkeypox only or monkeypox and COVID-19.
No registration required.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions live on the call, and questions may also be submitted in advance by emailing CDRHWebinars@fda.hhs.gov.
- Please submit questions by Monday 12 p.m. ET before the Wednesday virtual town hall.
- In the subject line of the email, type Questions for the Virtual Town Hall Series - Test Development and Validation During Public Health Emergencies and indicate whether your question is about monkeypox or COVID-19.
The FDA will hold a virtual town hall on the following dates from 12:05 p.m.-1 p.m. ET:
- November 30: Town Hall #98 (Monkeypox and COVID-19)
- December 14: Town Hall #99 (Monkeypox and COVID-19)
Add this to my Calendar
Outlook users: Click link, select Open, then click Save & Close
The FDA plays a critical role in protecting the United States from threats such as emerging infectious diseases, including monkeypox and COVID-19. The FDA is committed to providing timely guidance to support response efforts to these public health emergencies.
The FDA has issued guidance documents specific to these public health emergencies:
- Policy for Monkeypox Tests to Address the Public Health Emergency
- Policy for Coronavirus Disease-2019 Tests During the Public Health Emergency (Revised)
The presentation, printable slides (if applicable), and transcript from previous town halls are available for viewing on CDRH Learn under the section In Vitro Diagnostics.
No registration required.
Time: 12:05 p.m. - 1 p.m. ET
To ensure you are connected, please join 15 minutes before the start of the virtual town hall.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Please note: Participants who join the virtual town hall using the Zoom webinar link above should use computer audio (listen through computer speakers and speak through computer microphone/headset to ask a question).
The dial-in information provided below is for participants who will be joining the virtual town hall by phone only.
U.S. Callers Dial: 833-568-8864 (Toll Free)
International Callers Dial: Please check the international numbers available
Webinar ID: 161 208 3563
Following the virtual town hall, the presentation, printable slides (if applicable), and transcript, will be posted to CDRH Learn under the section In Vitro Diagnostics.