The links below are quick-guides, labels, and posters that use imagery to teach people how to properly dispose of sharps.
Printable Visual Learning Guides
- Be Smart with Sharps Pamphlet (PDF - 986KB)
- Safe Sharps Disposal Label (For Garbage Container) (PDF - 926KB)
- Safe Sharps Disposal Label (For Recycling Container) (PDF - 460KB)
- Safe Sharps Disposal Medication Insert (PDF - 2.2MB)
- Sharps Container Poster (PDF - 2.7MB)
The FDA collaborated with Kwikpoint under a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement to develop free, publically available visual learning guides to help educate people on how to safely dispose of sharps and other needles. The guides are designed to remove literacy and language barriers by conveying directions for proper disposal through images, graphics, and minimal texts. The guides improve understanding, promote greater recall, and deliver universal sharps disposal information.