FDA Import Contacts and Office Locations
Contact your local FDA import office
To check the status of your product or entry:
By Phone or Email
Locate your local port of entry and associated FDA office
For questions on your detained or refused entry:
Contact the compliance officer listed on the FDA Notice of Action.
Contact FDA's Division of Import Operations (DIO)
Inquiries related to a specific import entry should be routed to the district handling the entry (see above). If entry specific inquiries are routed to DIO, you will be directed to contact the district handling the entry.
The Division of Import Operations (DIO) can be contacted for general import operations and policy questions. DIO also handles requests for removal from detention without physical exam as well as appeals that cannot be resolved at the local port level.
Food and Drug Administration
Division of Import Operations
12420 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, MD 20857
Request Removal from Detention without Physical Exam (Import Alert) or Request a Change of Address for Firm Listed on an Import Alert
- Visit the Import Alerts page for additional information.
All Press Inquiries
- Call 301-796-4540
- Contact FDA's Office of Media Affairs
Register a Company or Ask a Question about Registration
- Visit the FDA Unified Registration and Listing Systems Technical Assistance Page
- Registration and Listing Information
- Call 1-800-216-7331 from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Ask a Question about FDA Prior Notice Requirements
- Use the Prior Notice page to file a prior notice of food entry
- Call 866-521-2297
- International Callers may dial 571-468-1488
- Email Prior.Notice@fda.hhs.gov
Submit Questions, Comments and Suggestions for ITACS Improvements
- Email ITACSSupport@fda.hhs.gov
Contact FDA about FSMA
The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Technical Assistance Network (TAN) is now operational and providing technical assistance to industry, regulators, academia, consumers and others regarding FSMA implementation. For more information, visit the following site: http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/FSMA/ucm459719.htm.
Additional FDA Centers and Offices