Guidance documents contain nonbinding recommendations.
For additional information, see the Food from New Plant Varieties section.
Guidance for Industry
- Guidance for Industry: Recommendations for the Early Food Safety Evaluation of New Non-Pesticidal Proteins Produced by New Plant Varieties Intended for Food Use
- Guidance on Consultation Procedures under FDA's 1992 Statement of Policy - Foods Derived from New Plant Varieties
- Providing Regulatory Submissions to OFAS
- Draft Guidance for Industry: Voluntary Labeling Indicating Whether Food Has or Has Not Been Derived From Genetically Engineered Atlantic Salmon
- Guidance for Industry: Voluntary Labeling Indicating Whether Foods Have or Have Not Been Derived from Genetically Engineered Plants
- Premarket Notice Concerning Bioengineered Foods
- New Plant Variety Regulatory Information
- Statement of Policy on Foods Derived from New Plant Varieties
- Letter to Industry on the Food Safety Risks of Transferring Genes for Proteins that are Food Allergens to New Plant Varieties Used for Food (April 2023)