COVID-19 Vaccination & the Food and Agriculture Sector
The FDA is no longer updating this content.
To learn about the FDA’s role in the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccines, visit: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | FDA.
For current information about the status of the COVID-19 pandemic, vaccines and boosters, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | CDC.
Protect Workers, Families, Coworkers and the Community
The FDA encourages the leadership and management of food facilities to support worker vaccinations.
When an essential worker gets a COVID-19 vaccine, they protect themselves, their families, co-workers, and their communities. Healthy workers help to ensure the availability of a safe and plentiful food supply.
FDA has been doing what we can to support a safe and ample food supply, but that would not be possible without millions of men and women working in food and agriculture jobs. Day in and day out, they have answered the call as essential workers in support of the food supply. We thank them.
The FDA’s authority includes authorizing or approving COVID-19 vaccines for use in the United States. Learn more from the FDA about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines. Fact sheets are available in more than 25 languages. Find out where to get a vaccine on CDC’s Webpage Vaccines for COVID-19.
The FDA, in partnership with CDC and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), has been working to provide food facilities with information and resources to help protect their workers against COVID-19 infection.
Read more about how the FDA is Unleashing the Power of FDA Data to Support COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution to Food and Agriculture Workers.
On this Page
Employers will find resources and information to help facilitate vaccinations for their workforce on site at the workplace or in the community.
- Communication Toolkit from (HHS)
- Additional Information on the COVID-19 Vaccine from CDC
- Meetings & Webinar Recordings
- Guide to Vaccinating Workers: Vaccinating Migrant/Migratory and Seasonal Food and Agriculture Workers
- HHS Coordinates New Effort to Vaccinate Migratory and Seasonal Workers in the Food and Agriculture Sectors
- Get COVID-19 Vaccine Information in Spanish on WhatsApp
Obtenga información sobre las vacunas contra el COVID-19 en WhatsApp
HHS's Communication Toolkit for Essential Workers in Agriculture
The HHS We Can Do This COVID-19 Public Education Campaign is a national initiative to increase public confidence in and uptake of COVID-19 vaccines while reinforcing basic prevention measures such as mask wearing and social distancing.
Through a nationwide network of trusted messengers and consistent, fact-based public health messaging, the campaign helps the public make informed decisions about their health and COVID-19, including steps to protect themselves and their communities. The effort is driven by communication science and provides tailored information for at-risk groups.
The Toolkits for Essential Workers in Agriculture (English and en español) provide access to materials from the CDC, as well as new material to help you communicate with farmworkers on the latest COVID-19 prevention and vaccination information:
User Guide for Essential Workers in Agriculture Toolkit (Full Toolkit)
- How to Share Housing With Other Field Workers During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to Store and Wash Masks
- Protect Yourself Against COVID-19 in Shared Housing
- Protection for Agricultural Field Workers During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Take Care of Yourself and Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 Graphic for Twitter
- Remember to Clean Work Tools Graphic for Twitter
- If You Feel Unsafe, You Have the Right to File a Confidential Complaint Graphic for Twitter
Guía sobre cómo usar el kit de herramientas de comunicación para trabajadores esenciales en la agricultura
- Cómo convivir con sus compañeros del campo durante la pandemia del COVID-19
- Cómo lavar y cuidar las mascarillas reutilizables
- Protéjase contra el COVID-19 en las viviendas compartidas
- Protección para los trabajadores del campo durante la pandemia del COVID-19
- ¡Cuídate y ayude a frenar la propagación del COVID-19! (para Twitter)
- Recuerda limpiar tus herramientas de trabajos (para Facebook e Instagram)
- Si no te sientes seguro, tienes el derecho de presentar una queja confidencial (para Twitter)
Additional Information on the COVID-19 Vaccine from CDC
- Workplace Vaccination Program
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Getting Ready for Your COVID-19 Vaccine/How Do I Get a Vaccine?
- COVID-19 Vaccines and Allergic Reactions
- What to Expect at Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
- What to Expect After Getting Your COVID-19 Vaccine
Meetings & Webinar Recordings
Adult Vaccine Access Coalition/United Farm Workers Webinar
Guests and panelists including Acting Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, Dr. Janet Woodcock and Director of the FDA Center for Biologics Education and Research, Dr. Peter Marks, discuss vaccine safety, effectiveness, and confidence.