On this page:
U.S. exports of dairy products to Chile, China, the European Union (EU), and the United Kingdom (UK) are subject to establishment listing requirements as a precondition for market access. Please note that the scope of products for which importing authorities impose listing requirements may differ from FDA's definition of “milk product” as established in 21 CFR 1240.3(j). To determine whether products intended for export are subject to listing requirements, exporters may consult the regulatory authorities in the country to which they intend to export or the Food and Agricultural Import Regulations and Standards Reports (FAIRS) for their export destination. FAIRS are published by the United States Department of Agriculture's Global Agricultural Information Network.
Industry may apply for inclusion on the dairy export lists and update existing listing information via the Export Listing Module (ELM). Please visit Online Applications for Export Lists for a link to this electronic system and step-by-step instructions. More information on specific country requirements is included below.
In addition to establishment listing requirements, Chile, China, the EU, and the UK require sanitary certificates as a condition of entry for every shipment of dairy products. Industry may contact the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Dairy Grading Branch to request these certificates.
Additional Information on Dairy Exports to Chile
- Please be advised that Chile requires that the company information (name, address, plant/approval number) on all labels matches the information on the export certificate and that the information on the export certificate matches the information on the export list. This requirement applies to the labels for individual products, boxes of individual products, and other bulk packaging. If there are discrepancies across the information on the labels, export list, and export certificate, shipments are likely to be rejected.
- Guidance for Industry and FDA: Establishing and Maintaining a List of U.S. Dairy Product Manufacturers/Processors with Interest in Exporting to Chile
- List of U.S. Dairy Product Manufacturers/Processors With Interest in Exporting to Chile
Additional Information on Dairy Exports to China
- Please refer to the Implementation Catalogue for Registration of Overseas Manufacturers of Imported Food released by the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People’s Republic of China (AQSIQ) to determine whether the products you intend to export are subject to China's listing requirements.
- List of U.S. Establishments Eligible to Export Dairy Products to China
Additional Information on Dairy Exports to the EU
- Any product that contains processed milk or dairy products may be subject to EU listing and certification requirements. Please visit the website of USDA/AMS EU Dairy Export Certification Programs for more information.
- List of U.S. Establishments Eligible to Export Dairy Products to the EU
Additional Information on Dairy Exports to the UK
- Please note that FDA does not have a separate application process for the UK lists; establishments that wish to export to the UK should apply for the relevant EU list in the ELM For certificate requirements, please visit the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Dairy Grading Branch.
- List of establishments eligible to export animal products to the UK
To view U.S. establishments eligible to export dairy products to the UK, filter by Country Name (United States), Sector (Food), and then Section (Section IX raw milk or dairy products or colostrum and colostrum-based products).