FDA takes numerous actions on dietary supplements to protect public health.
FDA works with industry and our state partners to publish press releases and other public notices about recalls that may potentially present a significant or serious risk to the consumer or user of the product. Not all recalls have press releases or are posted on this page. See additional information on recalls and search tools.
FDA issues Warning Letters to let companies know that they have violated the laws we enforce and to tell them what corrective action they need to take. See additional information on warning letters and search tools.
- FDA Acts on Dietary Supplements Containing DMHA and Phenibut
- FDA Implements New Dietary Supplement Ingredient Advisory List
- FDA Announcing Public Meeting to Discuss Responsible Innovation in Dietary Supplements
New Efforts to Strengthen Regulation of Dietary Supplements
- Commissioner's Statement
- Press Release - FDA Takes Action Against 17 Companies for Illegally Selling Products Claiming to Treat Alzheimer’s Disease
- Consumer Update - Watch Out for False Promises About So-Called Alzheimer's Cures
- FDA, FTC Warn Companies for Selling Illegal, Unapproved Opioid Cessation Products Using Deceptive Claims