Social Media Toolkit for FDA/EPA Fish Advice
Please use the tweets, Facebook post, newsletter text and images below to promote FDA's fish advice to your followers on social media. Note: To use the images shown below, click on the image and then download it.
Tweets for Healthcare Providers
- FDA recommends that children 2 & older eat 1 - 2 servings of fish a week. Please share with your patients https://go.usa.gov/xNwrV [Use Image One]
- Healthcare providers, use our Q & A to help share info with pregnant women about the benefits of eating more fish: https://go.usa.gov/xNwrS [Use Image Two]
Tweets for Parents/Moms/Moms-to-Be
- FDA recommends that women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or of childbearing age eat 1 - 3 servings of fish a week, https://go.usa.gov/xNwrV [Use Image One]
- Use @US_FDA & @EPAweb Advice About Eating Fish Chart, when choosing fish to serve your family: https://go.usa.gov/xNwrV #foodsafety [Use Image One]
- Fish are protein-rich & can help with your child's growth & development. Best choices are lower in mercury: https://go.usa.gov/xNwrV [Use Image One]
- FDA and EPA have issued Advice About Eating Fish for pregnant women and parents of young children. Find out what it means for you and your family: https://go.usa.gov/xNwrV
Announcement for Newsletter, Listserv, or Media Release
Fish Advice for Pregnant Women and Parents – National Seafood Month
Fish is protein-rich food that can provide pregnant and breastfeeding women with nutrients beneficial for themselves and for their child’s growth and development. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Environmental Protection Agency have issued new advice for eating fish. The advice includes a new chart that is tailored to the needs of pregnant women, women of childbearing age, and parents of young children. The chart makes it easy for women and parents to choose from dozens of healthy and safe fish options. You can also find links to frequently asked questions and other downloadable materials to help you make informed decisions about eating and serving fish.
- Check out the FDA’s fish advice page for more information!