National Food Safety Education Conference 2019
January 31, 2019
Registration is on-going for the seventh national Consumer Food Safety Education Conference (CFSEC 2019). A 12% discount is available until February 7 to government, university and extension attendees. The conference, From Consumers to Chefs: Food Safety Education Matters, will be held March 6 – 8 in Orlando, FL.
Please see the registration information for additional details.
Designed to bring together food safety educators from academia, government, industry, professional organizations, and consumer advocacy and assistance groups, the conference will:
- Focus on how to effectively help consumers avoid foodborne illnesses by changing unsafe food handling habits to safer behaviors.
- Provide opportunities to network and engage in collaborative dialogue with health and food safety professionals from all sectors.
- Feature take-home strategies to support attendees in influencing food safety attitudes, knowledge, and behaviors of consumers.
- Equip participants with tools and resources to address their biggest food safety education program challenges.
CFSEC 2019 is sponsored by the Partnership for Food Safety Education, a non-profit organization that includes members from academia, consumer advocacy groups, professional organizations, and the food industry, and is cosponsored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Notable speakers include:
- Ellie Krieger, the host of Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger on Food Network, and Ellie's Real Good Food on PBS.
- Susan Mayne, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition at FDA.
- Carmen Rottenberg, Administrator of USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service for the Office for Food Safety.
- Robert Tauxe, M.D., MPH, Director of CDC’s Division of Foodborne, Waterborne and Environmental Diseases in the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases.
See Conference Program for more information.