National Food Safety Education Conference 2017 – Registration Now Open
October 5, 2016
Early bird registration is now open for the sixth National Consumer Food Safety Education Conference held on January 25-27, 2017, in Washington, D.C. at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. This conference is designed to bring together food safety educators from academia, government, industry, professional organizations, and consumer advocacy and assistance groups, to focus on Behavior Change ─ how to effectively help consumers avoid foodborne illnesses by changing unsafe food handling habits to safer behaviors.
The 2017 National Consumer Food Safety Education Conference is sponsored by the Partnership for Food Safety Education, a non-profit organization that includes members from academia, consumer advocacy groups, professional organizations, and the food industry, as well as the cosponsors of the conference, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The program features three eminent keynote speakers:
- Lou Atkins, Centre for Behaviour Change, University College, London, co-author of The Behaviour Change Wheel
- Frank Yiannas, Vice President of Food Safety for Walmart and author of Food Safety = Behavior
- Charles Duhigg, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for the New York Times and author of The Power of Habit
Conference sessions will include panels on:
- The Key Elements of Effective Behavioral Change Strategies,
- Targeting At-Risk Populations,
- Motivation and Risk Perception as Keys to Behavior Change,
- The Role of Federal Agencies in Consumer Behavior Change,
- Measuring Behavior Change, and
- Behavior Change in the Digital Era
For More Information