June 5, 2020
World Food Safety Day is June 7. The United Nations has declared this day to draw global attention to the health consequences of contaminated food and water.
Visit FDA’s World Food Safety Day page to learn about the steps you can take to avoid foodborne illnesses, FDA’s role in food safety and how you can participate in World Food Safety Day.
Deputy Commissioner for Food Policy and Response Frank Yiannas spoke today about World Food Safety Day and FDA’s New Era of Smarter Food Safety initiative to the participants of a webinar conducted by the Association of Food and Drug Officials.
For More Information
- FDA’s World Food Safety Day page
- The World Health Organization
- FDA Voices: Pandemic Challenges Highlight the Importance of a New Era of Smarter Food Safety
- Start at the Store: 7 Ways to Prevent Foodborne Illness
- Food Safety in Your Kitchen