October 12, 2017
The U.S Food and Drug Administration is announcing public meetings to be held in Charlotte, North Carolina, and San Francisco, California, regarding its Agricultural Biotechnology Education and Outreach Initiative. Congress appropriated $3 million to fund this initiative, which calls upon the FDA to work with USDA to provide education and outreach to the public on agricultural biotechnology and food and animal feed ingredients derived from biotechnology.
The purpose of the public meetings is to provide the public with an opportunity to share information, experiences, and suggestions to help inform the development of this education and outreach initiative.
For general questions about the meetings, or to request special accommodations due to a disability, contact Juanita Yates, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, FDA, 240-402-1731, e-mail: Juanita.Yates@fda.hhs.gov.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Tuesday, November 7, 2017, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm EST
Omni Charlotte Hotel
132 E Trade Street
San Francisco, California
Tuesday, November 14, 2017, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm PST
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
780 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA
Webcast will be available for both meetings for those who cannot attend in person.
For questions about registering for the meetings or to register via email, mail or fax, contact Simone Katz, Strategic Results, 101 Lakeforest Blvd., Suite 390, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, 240-449-8427, Fax: 240-641-9042, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates to Remember
- Charlotte, NC Meeting – November 7, 2017
- October 20, 2017: Deadline to request special accommodation due to a disability
- October 30, 2017: Deadline for advance registration
- San Francisco, CA Meeting – November 14, 2017
- October 27, 2017: Deadline to request special accommodation due to a disability
- October 27, 2017: Deadline to submit requests to make oral presentations
- November 6, 2017: Deadline for advance registration
The FDA is accepting public comments on questions listed in the Federal Register Notice. You may submit comments beginning on October 13, 2017. Comments will be accepted until November 17, 2017.
To submit comments to the docket electronically, visit http://www.regulations.gov and type FDA-2017-N-5991 in the search box.
To submit comments to the docket by mail, use the following address. Be sure to include docket number FDA-2017-N-5991 on each page of your written comments.
Divisions of Dockets Management
Food and Drug Administration
5630 Fishers Lane, Room 1061
Rockville, MD 20852
For More Information
- Federal Register Announcing the Meeting
- Meeting Main Page
- Agricultural Biotechnology Education and Outreach Initiative
- Appropriations Language on the Initiative