- What is the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Alliance (MFRPA)?
- What are its goals?
- Who is the current awardee?
- Who can I contact for more information?
- MFRPA CAP Fact Sheet (Version April 2021)
The Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Alliance (MFRPA) is a cooperative agreement to facilitate long-term improvements to the national food safety system by strengthening interagency collaboration, improving states' regulatory and surveillance protection program for manufactured foods, conducting research, and promoting the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards (MFRPS).
The primary objectives of this cooperative agreement are:
- Assist FDA in meeting provisions of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA);
- Support the efforts of federal, state, and local government agencies to build an Integrated National Food Safety System;
- Establish systems for sharing, promoting, and collaborating on best practices, as well as guidance documents, sampling plans, procedures, memorandums of understanding, and other tools to foster mutual reliance between federal, state and local manufactured food regulatory programs and public health agencies;
- Assist FDA in the identification, development, delivery, promotion, and/or attendance of food safety and defense training programs to support conformance with the MFRPS and provisions of FSMA;
- Support the advancement of the MFRPS and the MFRPA.
The current awardee of this cooperative agreement is the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO).
Members of the MFRPA can access the portal by clicking here.
You can also find more helpful information by viewing the funding opportunity announcement.
Specific questions on this program can be directed to the appropriate Office of Partnerships' contact within the Division of Partnership Investments and Agreements. Please visit the Office of Partnerships Contacts webpage to obtain a downloaded version of the staffing roster.
General questions can be directed to the Office of Partnerships' general mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org.