Human Food Preventive Controls
- What is the Preventive Controls Program Expansion?
- What are its goals?
- Who are the current awardees?
- Who can I contact for more information?
- Human Food Preventive Controls Fact Sheet (Version July 2022)
What is the Preventive Controls Program Expansion?
The intended outcome of this program expansion to RFA-FD-18-001 “Flexible Funding Model – Infrastructure Development and Maintenance for State Manufactured Food Regulatory Programs” is to advance the efforts for a nationally Integrated Food Safety System (IFSS) by assisting State manufactured food regulatory programs to promote compliance with the Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (PCHF Rule). PCHF is intended to ensure safe manufacturing/processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States. This program expansion provides funding to incorporate PCHF activities into the existing human food safety framework being implemented by the grantees under RFA-FD-18-001.
What are its goals?
The goals of this funding opportunity are as follows:
- Awardees will participate in IT-data exchange development/implementation with FDA to enable necessary information exchange between FDA and state/territory.
- Utilize best practices for enhanced coordination between FDA and state/territory for information sharing coordination and leveraging of resources for regulatory work conducted under the authority of the PCHF rule, or equivalent state/territorial regulatory authorities.
- If IT-data exchange capabilities and information sharing coordination have already been implemented, funds can be used to train auditors or new staff to perform full scope Preventive Controls (PC) inspections.
Who are the current awardees?
United States Map displaying 12 states currently enrolled in the Preventive Controls Program Expansion: AK, GA, KS, NC, NY, OH, PA, RI, UT, VT, WA and WI.
- There are 12 state programs currently enrolled.
- Over $1.5M in funding under this expansion supplement track.
Who can I contact for more information?
Specific questions on this program can be directed to the appropriate Office of Partnerships' contact within the Division of Partnership Investments and Agreements. Please visit the Office of Partnerships Contacts webpage to obtain a downloaded version of the staffing roster.
You can also find contact information and more on the funding opportunity announcement.
Note: Since the posting of the FOA announcement, the criteria have changed prior to the distribution of the program track awards. The funding maximum allotment is up to $150,000 for each grantee and the main objectives for this expansion track have been limited to only IT-data exchange capabilities, information sharing coordination and training auditors or new staff to perform full scope PC inspections. These new changes are not stated in the FOA link above.
General questions can be directed to the Office of Partnerships' general mailbox: email@example.com.