- FDA Releases Food Defense Plan Builder Version 2.0
- 2019 Report to Congress on the National Agriculture and Food Defense Strategy (NAFDS)
- Inspections for Small Business to begin March 2021
- Supplemental Draft IA Guidance
- FDA Reminds Industry of Best Practices to Prevent Tampering and Intentional Adulteration of Food and Cosmetic Products
Food Defense is the effort to protect food from acts of intentional adulteration. In May 2016 FDA issued the final rule on Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration with requirements for covered facilities to prepare and implement food defense plans.
FDA works with the private sector and other government agencies on activities related to food defense, including conducting research and analysis, developing and delivering training and outreach, and conducting exercises. In addition, FDA has developed a number of tools and resources to help food facilities prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from acts of intentional adulteration of the food supply.
Tools & Resources
- Food Defense Plan Builder
- Mitigation Strategies Database
- Food Defense Vulnerability Assessments and Identification of Activity Types
Education & Outreach
- Intentional Adulteration Rule Training
- Intentional Adulteration Webinar Series
- Intentional Adulteration Final Rule Video Presentation
- Supplemental Draft Guidance for Industry: Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration
- Draft Guidance for Industry: Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration
- Final Rule: Mitigation Strategies To Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration
- Guidance for Industry: Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration - What You Need to Know About the FDA Regulation: Small Entity Compliance Guide
- All Food Defense Guidance and Regulations
For general food defense information, please email email@example.com.
For information about the Intentional Adulteration Subcommittee Alliance, visit the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance website.