CBER has unique opportunities for individuals with backgrounds in science or administration to fill positions involved in the regulation and research of blood, vaccines and therapeutics. Employment opportunities offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We invite you to apply for one of the positions listed below if you are seeking a challenging career opportunity.
For general information on qualifications for Medical Officers, scientists (Biologist, Chemist, Microbiologist, etc.), Consumer Safety Officers and other positions, please visit FDA’s Career Descriptions page.
CBER positions (other than those listed on USAJobs)
- Principal Investigator - Microbial Pathogenesis
Closes: November 13, 2021
- Staff Fellow – Bioinformatics Reviewer
Closes: November 30, 2021
- Staff Fellow - Pharmacology/Toxicology Reviewer
- Closes: December 8, 2021
- Staff Fellow - Biologist/Microbiologist
Closes: December 15, 2021
- Principal Investigator - Pathogen Reduction of Whole Blood: Hematology and Coagulation Biology
Closes: January 8, 2022
- Principal Investigator – Pathogen Reduction of Whole Blood: Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
Closes: January 8, 2022
- Principal Investigator - Viral Vaccines
Closes: January 22, 2022
CBER's Fellowship Programs
- CBER Service Fellowship Program
Provides a mechanism for the temporary employment, training, and professional development of promising postdoctoral scientists for a period of limited duration.
- Regenerative Medicine Fellowship
Fellowship under the CBER Service Fellowship Program in the Office of Tissues and Advanced Therapies (OTAT) aims to enhance FDA's ability to regulate regenerative medicine products and support the development of highly trained scientists and engineers with unique multi-center experience.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) and FDA Interagency Oncology Task Force Joint Fellowship (IOTF)
Offers fellowship training to a cadre of scientists in research and research-related regulatory review, policies, and regulations to develop a skill set bridging two distinct processes.
- CBER Fellows Association
Serves as a community to respresent the interests of CBER ORISE, Service, and Commissioner's Fellows. Members of CFA will provide fellow representation on relevant CBER committees agreed to by CFA and CBER leadership.
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Research Participation Training Program for CBER
Provides temporary scientific training for domestic and foreign scientists having a background or interest in medical, biological, chemical, toxicological, mathematical/statistical, or other related sciences.