- February 2 - 3, 2021
- Tue, Feb 2
- Wed, Feb 3
FDA-ASCO Virtual Workshop
Defining a Research Agenda to Address Barriers and Solutions to Oral Anticancer Agent Adherence
Co-Sponsored by the:
U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) & the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Date: February 2 & 3, 2021
Time: February 2: 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm EST
February 3: 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm EST
The FDA and American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) have collaborated to leverage their combined strengths for the joint development of the substantive actions of this workshop to explore:
- Factors contributing to non-adherence to oral anticancer agents.
- Potential solutions and approaches to improving oral anticancer agent adherence.
- Gaps in knowledge, and future research questions regarding non-adherence to oral anticancer agents.
- Provide a forum for open discussion between academia, industry, regulatory agencies and patient groups about non-adherence to oral anticancer agents.
- Discuss issues impacting adherence related to drug development and clinical pharmacology.
- Discuss measurement of treatment adherence in clinical trials, reporting of treatment adherence and adverse events in clinical trials and translating information on adherence from clinical trials into clinical practice.
- Discuss social determinants of adherence.
- Discuss special issues in adherence related to adolescents and young adults, as well as in older adults.
FDA will provide a free-of-charge, live webcast of this workshop. Further information regarding the webcast, including the web link for the webcast, will be made available closer to the workshop date.
FDA plans to post archived webcasts after the meeting, however, in cases where transmission was not successful, archived webcasts will not be available.
Meeting Materials and Transcript (pdf - 81.1KB)