- October 26, 2022
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
FDA will provide additional clarity to the final guidance with respect to Agency expectations for submissions containing BA information for drug products, and will:
- Discuss select case studies on various bioavailability (BA) related subtopics (e.g. pharmacodynamic (PD) endpoints, endogenous compound Narrow Therapeutic Index (NTI), biowaivers).
- Conduct a QnA panel to make available an opportunity for attendees to interact with subject matter experts
- Regulatory Scientists assessing bioavailability studies as part of IND/NDA/BLA submissions
- Research Coordinators overseeing in vivo studies in the context of IND/NDA/BLA submissions
- Drug Development/New Drug industry scientists involved with bioavailability studies for support of a new/existing IND/NDA/BLA dossier.
- Foreign regulators
- General BA considerations
- Pre/post approval changes
- In-vitro/in silico approaches to BA
- Alcohol considerations in relative BA
1:00 - 1:10: SBIA Welcome and Overview
1:10 - 1:20: Opening Comments
Ethan Stier, PhD.
Associate Director, Lifecycle Management
Immediate Office (IO) | Office of Clinical Pharmacology (OCP)
Office of Translational Sciences (OTS) | CDER
1:20 - 1:50: Bioavailability Studies Submitted in NDAs and INDs – General Considerations
Dakshina Chilukuri, PhD.
Division of Infectious Disease Pharmacology (DIDP) | OCP| CDER
1:50 - 2:20: Bioavailability Determination: Special Topics
Jayabharathi Vaidyanathan, PhD.
Associate Director for Therapeutic Review
Division of Cardiometabolic and Endocrine Pharmacology (DCEP) | OCP| CDER
2:20 - 2:40: Break
2:40 - 3:10: Relative Bioavailability Evaluation: Potential for Using Pharmacodynamic and Non-Traditional Pharmacokinetic Endpoints
Kofi A. Kumi, Ph.D., R. Ph.
Senior Reviewer, Clinical Pharmacology
Division of Neuropsychiatric Pharmacology (DNP) | OCP | OTS | CDER
3:10 - 3:40: Recommended In Vitro Studies
Okponanabofa Eradiri, PhD
Division of Biopharmaceutics (DP) | Office of New Drug Products (ONDP)
Office of Pharmaceutical Quality (OPQ) | CDER | FDA
3:40 - 4:00: Q&A Discussion with All Presenters
Real-time attendance is required for the certificate of attendance which can be used in support of CEs for the following professional organizations. Certificates are only available during the two weeks post-event.
This course has been:
- pre-approved by RAPS as eligible for a maximum of 12 credits for a two day event (appropriate to real-time attendance) towards a participant’s RAC recertification upon full completion.
- pre-approved by SOCRA who accepts documentation of candidate participation in continuing education programs for re-certification if the program is applicable to clinical research regulations, operations or management, or to the candidate's clinical research therapeutic area.
- pre-approved by SQA as eligible for 1 non-GCP or non-GLP unit for every 1 hour of instructional time towards a participant’s RQAP re-registration.
- approved by ACRP for continuing education in clinical research. ACRP will provide 1 ACRP contact hour for every 45-60 minutes of qualified material.
- To optimize your webinar experience, use Chrome when viewing Adobe Connect in a browser.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all technical questions.
- If you encounter any technical issues before or during the event, please visit the Technical Issues Support.
- Test your PC for use with Adobe Connect prior to the day of the event. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Acrobat Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.