Safe Disposal of Medicines
Medicines play an important role in treating certain conditions and diseases, but they must be taken with care. Unused portions of these medicines must be disposed of properly to avoid harm. The resources listed below provide important information about safe disposal of medicines.
- Disposal of Unused Medicines: What You Should Know
- Safe Disposal of Needles, Syringes, and Other 'Sharps'
- Risks Associated with the Environmental Release of Pharmaceuticals on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration "Flush List"
Additional Resources from Other Federal Agencies
- Safely Dispose of Your Prescription Medicines - NIH
- National Prescription Drug Take-Back Initiative - DEA
- Collecting and Disposing of Unwanted Medicines - EPA